The End
Welcome to The End.
Yep. It's over. It's done. We're through. We're done for.
On the road trip of life, this is the last exit. Leave your belongings... you won't need them. Watch your hands and feet as you exit this life.
And begin the next.
This blog is going to be how I navigate giving up. I'm done giving a shit about what people might say, what they think.. where I should be in my life. I'm hitting the road with 4k in my bank account and about....$1500 in bills each month. But that's fine. I'm cutting down and cutting out what I don't need.
I'll work when I need to...and won't when I don't. Preferably with enough time off to enjoy the little bit of nature left in this country before it's all sold off to the highest bidder.
I have a 20k loan I need to pay off really quickly to be able to make this work, but we're working on it.
Why don't I just pay my 4k in savings toward it? Hello.. I need spending money.
So I'm going to get back into seasonal work. Cheap seasonal work in warm places where I can live out of my 2012 GMC Acadia that I've outfitted for on the road living. Up to this point, I've only accepted seasonal work that comes with free or cheap housing. No longer! I am going to accept anything. Anything that I'm offered that will make me at least 2k per month. And cutting out everything extra in the meantime so my bills go from $1500 per month to less than $700.
Let's begin:
Current bill tally: $1067
The big loan: $606 per month ( I know.. ouch. )
Car insurance: $160
Tax payback (I've always been bad at money, maybe this will help): $111
Spotify/Prime: $45 (the only subscriptions I can't give up)
Phone: $145 (switching to Mint mobile as soon as I pay off my phone)
These numbers do not include gas or food. I did purchase a Costco membership when I was working in Alaska, but I'm living in a car with limited space...Costco likely isn't going to be high on my list of shopping spots right now. Gas is also at an all-time high thanks to the big orange tyrant. I'm going to budget around 2k between bills and food/gas per month for right now until I can lower all of these numbers..
Now for work... I'm currently battling a poorly communicating job in Washington that will likely fall through.. so I'm branching out and looking for other options in Washington or Oregon. My goal is the coast. I'd love to go back to AZ or UT, but they are winter spots more than anything else and I won't give up on the PNW just yet. I have background in hospitality but honestly? I'm okay with anything that pays $18-20/hr right now. That'll make me just over 2k per month... which is enough to pay my bills, get me gas, and allow me to afford more than just ramen. Gas is the only kicker I'm worried about.
For now, I have 4k to get me from Ohio to Washington over the span of three weeks. Baring nothing happens to my SUV, I'll likely spend just under 1k on the drive. Food + gas alone. That gives me 3k to live off of until I find a paycheck. So... two months to finance my life.
I can do this. Here we go..
If I don't? This is already the End.
Comments
Post a Comment